By Patrick Stephen Tokpah
Kokoyah Bong-For ignoring the plight of Kokoyah citizens, Bong County Electoral District number one Representative Albert Hall expressed his disappointment over Senator Prince K. Moye in the County.
Speaking in an interview with a local radio station in the County vai mobile phone on February 18, 2021, the Bong County Lawmaker said he is highly disenchanted or disappointed in Sen. Moye on grounds that the CPP Lawmaker down played the quest of the citizens to President George M. Weah’s recent in David Dean’s Town, in Bong County.
According to Rep. Halls, Kokoyah District one citizens, especially those who in the concession area of mining Company MNG Gold presented eight eight count that needed to be addressed by the President. Moreover, the citizens wanted backing from but was not the case, because he (Moye) was given the opportunity to speak as a Senator in the County.
But on the contrary, Senator Moye talked about the processes that led to his victory.
He at the same time alleged that Sen. Moye accused some local leaders in the County of undermining the health care delivery system.
According to Rep. Halls, Sen. Moye alleged that the President should have visited his farm, but it was being politicized by some of his colleagues in the County.
Meanwhile, Representative Albert Halls has vowed to meet President Weah to discuss the plight of the citizens upon his return from his County wide tour in the Country.
The eight counts that was presented by the citizens of Kokoyah District one were:
*That the land rental fee pays by MNG Gold Liberia be redirected to the Kokoyah Statutory District for development;
* That the road from Sayewheh Town, Boinsein District, through Zaryee Town, Kpaii District started by MNG Gold be completed;
* That the government rehabilitate the road from LAMCO Camp near the border with Nimba and Bong to St. John River the border between Bong and Grand Bassa Counties;
* That the District Clinic under construction by MNG Goal near Sayewheh Town, Boinsein District be completed soon;
* That health center be constructed by the ArcelorMittal Liberia in Zoeweinta, Kpaii District;
* That the citizens be provided with safe drinking water by MNG Gold, Alpha Logging company and ArcelorMittal Liberia;
* The issue of crack house be addressed by MNG Gold;
* That government please grant clemency to our children that are in jail in Sanniquellie, Nimba County as a result of the 2018 MNG Gold riot in the County.
Comments are closed.